- 02-Mar-2017 to 01-May-2017 (PST)
- Kelowna, BC, CAN
- Full Time and Part Time
Kelowna Yacht Club is looking for talented individuals with a passion for providing excellent customer service in the food and beverage industry. Currently we have opportunities for passionate, energetic and dynamic people to join our team as a Restaurant & Banquet Server (permanent, seasonal and part-time positions available).
We are busy at our lakefront location in downtown Kelowna. We provide our members with top-quality moorage in Canada's largest fresh-water marina, excellent food and beverage service in our members' lounge, restaurant and patio, year-round catering of social events and opportunities to assist others in the community. A not-for-profit organization, Kelowna Yacht Club has been supporting boater education and safe, responsible enjoyment of Okanagan Lake since 1945.
• Greet, serve and acknowledge members in a friendly and polite manner
• Smile and introduce yourself as their server
• Know the menu and features and answer questions regarding the features
• Accurate and timely order taking and delivery
• Inspect each plate for appearance and correctness
• Follow up with customers in a timely manner of your delivery to ensure quality and 100% guest satisfaction
• Clear away unfinished products, empty glasses, plates, soup spoons, etc. ASAP
• Offer dessert and/or after dinner drink suggestions
• Thank guests
• Replenish supplies on tables and in work stations throughout the shift
• Adhere to all regulations governing the service of alcohol, that are appropriate to the position and all other government codes and regulations
• Clean and wipe down all tables and chairs; machines and supplies per Club standards
• Demonstrate and maintain excellent grooming and uniform standards
• Maintain and encourage a respectful workplace
• Observe and maintain all industry safety standards
Focus on the Guest – Seek to understand the guest, to meet and exceed their needs.
Attention to Detail – Ensure that work is accurate, thorough and to the highest standards.
Communicate Effectively – Clarify and provide information so that co-workers and guests understand and can take action.
Take Responsibility – Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Offer – Solutions to problems, know who to contact for assistance, and be aware.
Results – Enjoys working in a respectful team environment and is self-motivated to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Service – Understand how to provide excellent customer service and continuously build on these skills.
¬¬¬Qualifications, experience and skills:
• One year serving experience is an asset
• 19 years of age for servers is a requirement
• Serving It Right certification
• Able to carry at least 30 pounds
• Able to work days, evenings and weekends
• Personality – positive, enjoys meeting people and helping team members
• Understands and provides excellent customer service
Kelowna Yacht Club is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.