- 02-Mar-2017 to 01-May-2017 (PST)
- Kelowna, BC, CAN
- Full Time and Part Time
Rich in history and embracing the future"
Kelowna Yacht Club is looking for talented individuals with an appreciation for food, culture and passion for the food and beverage industry. Currently we have opportunities for passionate, talented, energetic and dynamic people to join our team as a 2nd Cook, both seasonal and permanent positions available, with the opportunity for advancement.
Kelowna Yacht Club is a busy lakefront location in downtown Kelowna! We provide our members with top-quality moorage in Canada's largest fresh-water marina, excellent food and beverage service in the members' lounge, restaurant and patio, year- round catering of social events and opportunities to assist others in the community. A not-for-profit organization, Kelowna Yacht Club has been supporting boater education and safe, responsible enjoyment of Okanagan Lake since 1945.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Experience, skills and abilities:
- Strong culinary skills in a commercial environment
- Good "knife" skills
- Passion for food and creative flair
- Physically fit to stand for long periods of time and lift light to medium loads
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and in a team environment
- Polite, enthusiastic and caring customer service demeanor
- Respectful workplace attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility with scheduling (weekend and/or evening hours) and able to work at short notice
- 2 years Line Cook experience at a fine dining establishment atmosphere
- Foodsafe Level 1 Certificate
Job Duties will include:
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods from scratch in a timely manner
- Portion, arrange and garnish food
- Prepare food as required to ensure line is always stocked
- Notify Head Chef in advance of likely shortages
- Maintain inventory and records of food temperatures, supplies and equipment,
- Participate in set up and oversee of buffets
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Maintain a clean kitchen and work environment throughout the shift
- Performs other duties as directed by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef
Benefits package including Extended Medical for Permanent position.
If this position interests you apply now at kelownayachtclub.com/careers
Application review will begin immediately upon receipt.
Kelowna Yacht Club is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.